First Time Home Buyer
Becoming a first time home buyer is a major accomplishment – one that can be stressful and confusing. Buying your first home is a huge part of the American Dream and is also a daunting and potentially overwhelming process that’s ripe for second guessing everything you know. How do you know you’re ready? How can you prepare yourself financially? What type of home do you want to buy, and where – and what could happen if you make a mistake?
No worries, I’m here to help guide you and my services are completely FREE to you as a home buyer!
I have a lot of first time home buyer tips for you below.
Home buying Tips
Step number one on the way to becoming a first time home buyer is to get pre-approved for a home loan so that you know what you can afford.
You Can Count on Me For:
- Excellent communication
- Above and beyond service
- Always being available
- Real Estate & market expertise
- Being a first time home buyer specialist
- Always looking out for your best interests
Things You Should & Shouldn’t Do During The Loan Process
- Avoid moving money around. Any sudden deposits will need to be explained.
- Avoid all major lifestyle changes
- Shop Around For Best Terms
- Reach Out To Your Realtor For Guidance
- Change Jobs
- Make big purchases
- Damage Credit w/Late Payment
- Co-Sign On Loan/Credit Account
- Hesitate To Reach Out To Your Realtor For Guidance
First Time Home Buyer Tips & Tools:
First Time Home Buying 101
- OAR Resources: Free critical information and insight for first time home buyers. Buyer/Seller Advisory
- HOWNW.com : Home buyer education classes. Free information on the home buying process. Home buying process.
- Applying for a loan
- Information on the costs of owning a home.
- Find a first time Home Buyer Program.
- Home inspection process. on a home.
- The closing process.
- Available home buying programs
First Time Home Buyer Programs & Credit Counseling
- OR Bond:
- Innovative Changes
- MAP program (PHC):
- Non-profits that offer home buying counseling:
I work with a handful of lenders that specialize in working with first time home buyers get pre approved for a home loan. These lenders include Caliber Home Loans, Guaranteed Rate, Guild Mortgage, Keller Mortgage and Umpqua Bank. If you have questions about getting Pre Approved for a mortgage or are in need of more first time home buyer tips, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Text/Call 503.545.4945